The fifth issue of Bubbles, an Independent Fanzine About Comics & Manga is here!
This issue features:
Interview with Lale Westvind!
Interview with The New York Review Comics heads, Gabriel Winslow-Yost and Lucas Adams
Chris Pitzer Remembers Tom Spurgeon
Comic pages by: Nate McDonough, David Lasky, Hu Nguyen, Elliot Wyatt
Readers' Best of 2019 Lists (along with that of the editor/publisher, natch')
Idiotorial Thunk Piece by One of the Last Idiots to Join the Usual Gang by Marc J Palm
In other words: another great issue.
The new and expanded Bubbles is here. Reflecting the ever expanding output of the excellent comics makers and mangaka, along with the worthwhile comics and manga they continue to create, that it is the mission of Bubbles to cover, the seventh issue takes us up to a big 48 pages (as well as a slightly higher price). Here's what's in store:
Bubbles #7 is 48 pages long, black and white and includes:
- Inés Estrada
- Maria Medem
- Jesse Jacobs (done by James Bradshaw)
- Pat Godfrey
- What is the Value of a Stone?: The Man Without Talent and Uncut Gems by Brian Baynes
- The Political Cartoons of Leslie M. Rogers by Brian Baynes
- Eight Pages of Panter: Reading Jimbo in Paradise by Pete Faecke
- Spotlight on Joe Bruesch by David Kiersh
- Comic by Mattie Hinkley
- Comic by Dustin Holland
- Reviews of new comics
- Letters section
- Comics in my mailbox
Special Eye Strain Issue. This issue is so packed that the publisher needed to reduce the font size to squeeze it all in! Here's what's in store:
Bubbles #6 is 44 pages long, black and white, and includes:
- Interview with Ben Marra by Dash Shaw
- PLUS: Insert with 6 pages of an UNRELEASED Ben Marra comic called 'Our Lord, My Master'
- Interview with Darlene the Artist by Excellent Strategy Manuals
- Interview with Harry Fluks of INDUCKS
- Art by David James, Jasper Jubenvill, Carlos Gonzalez Boy
- Essay on Jack Kirby's Collages by James "Astral Eyes" Weigel
- Manga Reviews by The Manga Hoarder, Laura Cheesman
- What We Mean By Yesterday Review by Jeff Alford
- Ebay Finds
- Comic Reviews
- Letters to Bubbles
Weighing in at bonus-sized 44 pages, this issue is the most jam-packed yet! Interviews with Matt Furie, Josh Pettinger and Archer Prewitt miongle with original comics by Cam Del Rosario, Mike Olson, Greg Steele and others. There is a review of Simon Hanselmann's Bad Gateway exhibit at the Bellevue Arts Museum – the first we've seen – by Tyler Meese; a review of Yokoyama's Outdoors by Jef ALford; an article on Shigeru Suigura by James Bradshaw; as well as the standard features, "Comics You Should Read," and "Comics in my Mailbox" and "Letter to Bubbles." Still only $6!