OUT OF STOCK!
Wow! Bubbles is an honest-to-goodness, true-blue, old-school, comics-(and-manga)-fanzine. Running 32 magazine-size pages – with a 16-page, digest-size insert – Bubbles is a materialization of its creator's (creators') enthusiasm, clearly (a) serious fan(s). Their self-effacing dedication is evident in the fact that they neglected to credit themselves anywhere in the publication (that we could find)!
Here's what's in store in the first, jam-packed issue:
- In depth look at late 80s/early 90s alternative manga publisher Blast Books
- Interview with Hiroo Yamagata (Translator of Hideshi Hino's Hell Baby)
- Brief interview with Laura Lindgren (Founder of Blast Books)
- Interview with James Hudnall (Translation assistant of Mai, The Psychic Girl)
- Music From Nancy*** a retrospective, interviews with all 3 creators, Jesse Poimboeuf, Steve Sweet, Steve Cunningham, w/ 16 page insert of a Program for Music From Nancy!
- Interview with Shades7000 (Creator of the Scanlation Group 'You're Welcome')
- Short essays on comic book artifacts found on Ebay
- Comics you should read (reviews of contemporary comics)
- Translation of The Road Home by Kuniko Tsurita (from Garo #213)